[wisb] Re: Milwaukee Lakefront

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:51:11 -0600

I met Chris at Lakeshore State Park but missed the Long-tailed Duck due to
boat traffic and couldn't find the Black Scoter, but I did find the
White-winged
Scoter and 1 additional Great Black-backed Gull. I moved up to Bradford
Beach where I found an additional 3 White-winged Scoters, and north of
Bradford
Beach, the Harlequin Duck as reported by Marilyn Bontly, continues. The
Harlequin was a lifer for one gentleman who stopped by, so keep on reporting
this bird when you see it! At Shorewood Nature Preserve there was a first
winter male and one female Black Scoter.

Thomas Wood,Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County