[wisb] Kittiwake - Port Washington

  • From: Petherick Chris <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:57:09 -0600

Hello,

OK, I have proof that I am not good at gulls!!!!  I want to apologize
for my misidentification of a 1st winter Bonaparte's Gull as the Black
Legged Kittiwake on Friday.  I hope that people didn't spend too much
time messing around looking for Kittiwake #2!!!!  (I saw that one
person did look for "both") The bird I viewed was a 1st Winter
Bonaparte's Gull, which was seen flying around Saturday as well.  I
had some great views of both birds Saturday, so I did see the
Kittiwake, just not on Friday.  I'm glad I made it back Saturday to
try to "confirm" my Kittiwake sighting from the day before, which
allowed me to actually see it, which is a Life bird for me.

Again, my sincere apologies for this mix up on my end.

By the way, there was a single Bonaparte's Gull at Doctor's Park in
Fox Point today (I'm much better at IDing them now after my intense 24
hour study!!!!!).  I couldn't find the Barrow's Goldeneye though.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County