[wisb] Re: ID Help?

  • From: "Mike Duchek" <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:01:36 -0500

Thanks to all who replied.

Most said the first was an oriole, likely an immature (what I thought).  But
while most said Baltimore, several said young orchard oriole.

Second one everyone said vireo and all but one thought warbling.  One person
thought Philadelphia because of perceived yellow but I don't remember seeing
yellow so I think it's just the bad photo and warbling seems correct (I
can't remember the song - wasn't one I could think of a phrase to remember
by).

Last were of course song sparrows.

Eager to hear if Emily's mystery bird is something.  I heard black chin,
gray crown with chestnut sides and thought male breeding house sparrow, but
obviously she doesn't think it's a house sparrow, so wonder what it could
be.  If anyone has any breakthroughs please post to the list as I'm curious
now to know what it is.

Thanks again, my forecast says high of 80 tomorrow!

-Mike Duchek, Madison, Dane Co.