[wisb] Re: Green Bay - Yard Birds

  • From: Sandy Petersen <buboarcto2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joancurlew@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:31:37 -0500

Hello birders!
I put out grape jelly (power of suggestion from wisbirdn folks) and today
had 3 orioles fighting over it - Baltimores.

In spring, I also had Orchards.  Maybe they will show up next.

Many other species are again visiting the yard as I have presented water,
hulled sunflowers and thistle seed.

Very fun too to see the hummers cruising through the rampant jewelweed in
back of the yard.

I checked the wet field on MN near McFarland for shorebirds about a week
ago and heard a small plover call.  Played my CD in the car on the way home
and it certainly sounded like a Piping Plover.  I got side-tracked and did
not report it.  I did not hear that call when I stopped there yesterday
morning.

Sandy Petersen, rural Stoughton