[wisb] Green Bay Yard Birds

  • From: Joan Grant <joancurlew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Birders, This has been a fun week for birds & birders! It seems
something new is showing up every day! Besides the usual yard birds
there has been a young Coopers Hawk, who loves bathing in my pond!

And there are a variety of fall warblers moving through almost every
day, Juncos arrived 10/04, White-throated sp. on 10/09 and just this
evening before dusk the White-crowned sp. showed up!! They hit the
water to drink & bath and get the traveling dust off! Also many, many
Robins are bathing & dining on the crab apples. My son Mike & his
wife have are here visiting and they have been enjoying all the fun
right along with me!

Joan Grant     Green Bay   Brown Cty.