[wisb] Green Bay Yard Birds

  • From: Joan Grant <joancurlew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, Nice to see that Tom Wood also got Pine Siskin's as yesterday I had 5 of
them
come in with a Junco to drink from my pond!  Later in the day the young
Cooper's Hawk
came in to take another bath. I also had Yellow Rumps & a Blackpoll Warbler &
an immature
Rose Breasted Grosbeak.
This morning I had Robins & young Cedar Waxwings checking out the fruit on the
Crab
Apple tree, they would hop from branch to branch and give the fruit
a squeeze test with
 their bills but it was not yet ripe for enough for their liking so they just
used the pond instead,
they will return as always have the fruit eaten before the end of October.

There were Yellow Rumps washing in the dewy grass, a Grackle gobbling down
sunflower seeds & as he dropped bits & pieces a chippy was underneath picking
them
up & then hurrying to hide them in his winter home! There have been a number of
Blue Jays
in & out and also Flickers eating bugs/ants & also drinking & splashing in the
pond and
when I got back from the grocery store humm no birds, there was Mr. Cooper's
Hawk
was sitting in the sun on the roof over my deck checking things out!  Hopefully
he
got his late lunch, I did not notice as was busy elsewhere.

Joan Grant    Green Bay   Brown Cty.