[wisb] Green Bay - Yard Birds

  • From: Joan Grant <joancurlew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I have had a few hummers in this summer & still have both male & female
& young
coming into the fresh nectar I provide every 3/4 days.

I also have adult & young; cardinals, cedar waxwings, kingbirds & rb grosebeak
coming
into my sunflower, peanuts, safflower, nectar, concord grape jelly & drinking
from &
bathing in the pond.  Also flickers & young eating ants & using the pond.

I had taken away the jelly over a month ago as had way too many grackles
pigging it
down but within the past week I put it out again for the orioles on their way
south and
they are really going after it these days, sometimes I have two eating & a
couple more
waiting in line sitting on the shepherd hook.

Joan Grant   Green Bay    Brown Cty.