[wisb] Buena Vista (Portage Cty) today

  • From: Edward Keyel <dolichovespula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:35:16 -0600

Hi all,

I went to Buena Vista Grasslands today to see what I could find.
Still pretty quiet, especially in terms of raptors: 1 Am. Kestrel, 1
No. Harrier, and a Rough-leg.  There was a nice flock of Snow Buntings
(around 100 maybe?) on Taft Rd., as well as a flock of Lapland
Longspurs (about 30ish) on Lake Rd.  After watching the Longspurs for
a while, some Snow Buntings joined them.  A nice day to be out.
Hopefully the Kittiwake sticks around for tomorrow.

-Ted Keyel
Stevens Point,
Portage Cty