[wisb] Re: Blind Bird

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: orion0323@xxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

Dwight,
Conjunctivitis has been really treatable, in my experience with  our local
rehab facility at the WI Humane Society. You might be closest to a  Fellow
Mortals' rehab facility in Lake Geneva.
Fellow Mortals
W4632  Palmer Road, Lake Geneva, WI
(262) 248-5055  ‎ www.fellowmortals.org

Or try the place in Barrington mentioned on the list below.
http://www.southeasternoutdoors.com/wildlife/rehabilitators/illinois-rehabil
itators.html

Betsy  Abert, So. Milwaukee

In a message dated 9/20/2011 10:39:05 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,
orion0323@xxxxxxx writes:

Oops! Forgot that I cannot  attach pictures.

Anyway, looks like I found the problem. The bird has  Avian conjunctivitis.
I know it is illegal to have a wild bird in captivity so  now my dilemma is
what to do.

Some of the internet info suggested  destroying the bird to prevent further
spreading of the disease.

How  about some input please.

Dwight in Rockton, Il.

To set  DIGEST or VACATION modes, use the Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn
Visit Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at:  //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn