[windows2000] Re: checking hotfixes

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:08:52 -0700

Only one comment from the peanut gallery...me,  although one should be use to
it by now, especially if you have been on the list for awhile. It's very hard
to get use to it if one has any consideration for others. It does amaze me that
there is a tally going on though. As I have stated before, I will do whatever
it takes or what I can think of BEFORE asking a question here. That IMO is what
the list has come to. I know I am a LONG way from mastering W2K (Pro and AS),
but I'm trying to learn more each day. Even sitting on the sideline, but I do
come across a problem I can't seem to find an answer to and when I do think I
might need some help or think about asking a question, sometimes I think having
open heart surgery without drugs would be less painful! :-O

Trust me, there has been MANY questions needed answer, but I will do some
googling and so forth, but I have been around the block a few times. There are
those who hasn't, and sure, the responses, snide remarks and so forth might
make that person who's a lurker never ask a question. So if it is a requirement
to post a helpful reply or any reply whatsoever to be in the good graces of
some, then that should be the list policy. Make it known that once you
subscribe to the list, you are REQUIRED to help someone, or you'll get the
boot. Or better yet, why not require someone to help someone else BEFORE they
ask for help themselves?

People join this list among others usually to GET help. If it's going to be a
"Good Ole Boys" list, then that also should be stated from the start.  Anyway,
sometimes I do understand why people outside this country think ALL Americans
are arogant!  That's another topic for another day!  I wonder what my tally is
up to?   One last thing and I can finally eat dinner, for those of us who are
older, remember back in the days of the BBS? Had a file download section. Some
person logs on and downloads, downloads, downloads, and downloads, not ONCE
upload anything. Well, the vast majority of sysops would then implement a dl/ul
ratio system. Of course his/her "friends" had unlimited access and so forth,
while the new people came in the aftermath. Now the point is, (going back to an
earlier statement) from now on, make it a policy that people joining the list
HAS to help someone either BEFORE they get help or after a certain number of
helpful messages from them are posted. I mean there IS a tally going on,
correct? <vbseg>  Sounds rather asinine doesn't it?  So does the other crap
that goes on here.  Sorry, I don't care how long someone been here or there,
that would NEVER fly on any of my lists. I'm the last person who would preach
PC'ness (not computers) but that was rather rude I think and it was uncalled
for. There's more than one way to call someone an a$$hole without actually
saying it.

Maybe a note from the listowner or moderator? That wouldn't fly either
because......yes, there IS no policy, so there's no precedence.  Well, I guess
we have what they say across the pond, A Sticky Wicket!<sp>  :-O

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:28:45 -0500
While searching for that "any" key, "Lucas Boyken" <lboyken@xxxxxxxxx> said
this: