[windows2000] Re: Wireless Access Points

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:55:30 -0400

I have been running three healthcare facilities for two years on D-Link
DWL-900AP+ access points and we have not had a single problem with them.
At $88 each, if one does die I am not going to get bent out of shape
replacing it.

If a $900 Proxim or Cisco AP dies, it's a big deal to replace.  I have
to call them, prove I know what I am doing to their level 1 tech, then
re-explain it to their level 2 tech when it finally gets elevated, then
the third guy gets involved and I get an RMA.  If I'm lucky, I'll have a
new AP the next day at some point.  Probably late afternoon because next
day doesn't mean next morning.  If a D-Link dies, I am going to ask
someone to run to Office Depot and by a new one, plug it into the
network and I'll configure it from there.  Throw the bad one in the
trash and move on with life.

Greg

  _____