[windows2000] Re: Remote Desktop through a firewall

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:08:58 -0500

It's the same thing though, as far as network protocols and all that are
concerned.

Ray at work

From: Sullivan, Glenn [mailto:GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

First off, Remote Assistance is not Remote Desktop.  I have not actually
tried it, but I believe that Remote Assistance is just w way to invite
someone to connect to your session to help you.

Assuming that you are really talking about Remote Desktop, simply open
up port 3389 on the firewall, and point traffic to the internal IP of
the machine that you want to connect to with RDP.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use BLAH BLAH BLAH