[windows2000] Re: Regedit vs. Regedt32

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:11:56 -0400

I'm just playing with this for the first time (and I agree, it is FAST!),
but here's another choice that I just saw from Serdar Yegulalp's Win2K Power
Users newsletter (available at http://www.win2kpowerusers.com/):

Shareware: Resplendent Registry

Reader JW passed along word of a program called Resplendent Registry -- a
very nice replacement for REGEDIT/REGEDT32.  There's two versions of the
program -- a full $44.95 version and a freeware version with less features.
best part of the program is its speed -- according to JW, "I did a search on
Symantec (have Norton AV 2002 installed).  My registry is 22mb.  77,950k
were searched, producing 181 keyname matches, 15 value name matches and 466
data matches.  All in 8 seconds!"  The program can be had from
http://www.resplendence.com/download and is certainly worth a peek if you
constantly find
yourself up to your wrists in Registry keys.

Give it a shot.  Standard "Don't-shoot-the-messenger" disclaimer applies...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.