[windows2000] Re: OT Life

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:11:43 -0700

Ray at work wrote:

| I'm 36.4 years from retirement.  I think it every M-F when the alarm goes
| off and I am forced to remove my purring cat from my person.  What
I've come
| to do is to just be a complete idiot at work and make every reasonable
| attempt to get fired.  I'm the type of person who isn't going to get
off his
| ass and do anything unless I have to.  If I get fired, I'll be forced
to do
| something different, and I believe that when that time comes, I'll decide
| that I simply cannot just go get another job putting up with all the same
| stupidity in a different building with a different company name out front.
| What I'd really like to do is go buy a Peterbilt 379X and drive things
| around the USA until I get sick of that.
|
| Considering that a coworker in my department has spent the past 15 months
| SLEEPING AT HIS DESK and getting paid for it, I probably won't be getting
| fired any time soon for stupid infractions like refusing to adhere to
dress
| codes and what not.
|
| But, what gets me through my days is that I remind myself that I am
here at
| work for one purpose alone - payday.  I can't allow myself to care about
| anything from 8:30-5.  It doesn't matter.  I am here solely to make my
| after-5:00-life pleasurable.  So far I've done an okay job with that.
|
| http://www.kymmeray.com/photos/creamsicle01.jpg
|
| I just pet him and everything's fine.
|
| Ray at work

Ok, so I'm crazy, but I like my job, the trick is to keep learning and
working on new things.  There is always something new you could figure
out that would your network better, more efficient, or add useful
features.  The only way I could get bored is if I got stuck doing help
desk full time.  Right now I'm finishing the rollout of my new email
server, researching LTSP & AFS, working on an apache web server, looking
into snort and a group calendar server, etc.  Lots to keep me busy.

- --
Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates & Coast Business Service

"To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.  To the optimist, the glass
is half full.  To the engineer, the glass is exactly twice as big as it
needs to be."  --Unknown