[windows2000] Re: OT: I've Had it with Outlook

  • From: "Twigg, Craig" <Craig.Twigg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:26:34 -0000

there seems to be some confusion between the 'best' and most popular.
Honda's are good generally good cars hence being stolen alot.
the same logic doesnt apply to outlook.
Outlook has been attacked so many times because it contained/s flaws

"Honda Accord is the vehicle most stolen in the USA.  Ergo, they must
have a severe security problem, which using some logic would mean it is
a bad vehicle" - which logic? This means that the car is in demand not
inherently insecure.

At then end of the day because they've had a dominant OS for years MS have
found it easy to sell Outlook + others.

Dont get me wrong I use outlook at work and have little complaint.
I wouldnt attribute Outlook's dominance directly to the product itself. A
little like IE!?