[windows2000] Re: OT: I've Had it with Outlook

  • From: "Drew S" <drew2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:41:49 -0500

See inline quotes...

*****

RC> <Save Jim from giving up Outlook ON>

I'm with you on this one.

JK> Thats it ... I've had it! I am sick of Microsoft Outlook
JK> 2000. No matter what I try I can't get rid of this dang error message
JK> that says Outlook express isn't installed everytime I open it.

Have you tried to reinstall Office?

JK> Then Outlook is taking like forever to open a
JK> message to read for me.

In addition to Ray's type and size questions, it's possible that your
mailbox is corrupt, due to any number of reasons.

JK> I can't afford 2003 right now so sorry Microsoft but I'm
JK> trashing it.

Microsoft, by some twist of luck, sent me a free copy of Office 2003 Pro. I
LOVE Outlook 2003... Outlook XP was far better than 2000, and 2003 is better
than XP! :)

JK> I'm importing all of my Outlook email to Mozilla Firebird.
RC> You aren't going to start dating men now too, are you?  :P

Watch it, both of you. :|

JK> ... I spend too much time in email for all of this grief!

You're not the only one out there that spends a lot of time in e-mail...
I've considered dedicating a second computer solely for e-mail usage.

JK> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ Yeah an open
JK> source project that I am very impressed with.

RC> Yes, I'll agree that it's nice, but since Outlook is made with cocaine
RC> in it, I can never quit using it.

I suppose that's a good reason :)
I like it because it's the only e-mail client I like that can handle
everything I need. I've not had time to evaluate thunderbird... though I
heard that it's impressive. I think I'm going to stick with Outlook
regardless though, just because I have it on every machine that I will ever
need... at any station I will ever use... at home and at work.

Drew