[windows2000] Re: OT: Installing PC Anywhere on WXP Pro....

  • From: Jennifer Booth <jennifer.booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:38:32 -0700

Hi Steve -

        I have done this on many XP home and pro machines and not had a
problem.  HOWEVER, this was in an NT4 single-domain.  What it did on the
home machines was just force the user to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to log in, and on
the Pro PC's it didn't make a visible change.  They worked fine.  The only
problem I had with it was it kept dropping connections in rural areas of
America.  Poor guys could only get 2400bps even with a 56k modem!

Jen