[windows2000] Re: OT: Installing PC Anywhere on WXP Pro....

  • From: "Matt Bron" <w2klist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Windows 2K List" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:53:55 +1200

Steve Rance wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I need to install PC Anywhere 9.2 on a number of Windows XP Pro
> PCs...however when I run the install I get the message "This version
> of pcAnywhere replaces the current version of MSGINA which controls
> the way you log in to Windows,  As a result, certain new Windows
> features might be disabled, including: Fast User Switching, Terminal
> Services, and Remote Desktop".
>
> Although I don't use FUS, TS, or RD on these PC's in question, I am a
> little concerned about continuing with the install.
>
> Any experience on this?  Would you recommend purchasing the latest
> version of PCanywhere to install on these PC's, or can I get away
> with using this version.

I'm curious as to why you would *want* PCAnywhere on XPP machines. Inbuilt
Remote Assistance no good for you?

But to answer your question, I think 9.2 is compatible with W2K but I'm not
so sure about XP - if it's a "must have" then personally I'd be sure to go
for a version that I *know* is compatible - you know how fussy XP can be :)

Regards,

Matt Bron