[windows2000] Re: OT: End User Education

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:55:56 -0400

OK here goes...Jim the Library guy to the rescue!

Here is where we send the old librarians to learn how to use a mouse:
http://www.ckls.org/~crippel/computerlab/tutorials/mouse/page1.html

The best thing you can do is create an intranet page with training tips on it for the different applications you have.

This is the answer to I have a .dwg .hex etc. etc. file, what program do I use to open that?
http://www.filext.com/

Check this site out...tons of Free training stuff
http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/Jefferson_HS/lscomp.htm

And just for the hell of it check ou the Peeps
http://www.millikin.edu/staley/fluff/peep_research.html#Anchor-Th-56460

This should get you started.
JK

Toby Bierly wrote:

I just recently started doing the same thing at my company, a medium sized
business where I am the IT department.  Some of these people don't know how
to copy and paste, or sum up a column in Excel, so so far I've done basic
stuff tailored for our setup. But I would love to save myself some time by
mixing in useful tips from elsewhere.

So I second the motion.  If anyone knows of a site like this, cough it up.
:)

Thanks,
Toby

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>