[windows2000] .Net RC1 Sound problem

  • From: "White, Collin" <cwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:16:48 -0400

Anyone else out there install .Net RC1 and find they have no sound?  It
shows that it recognizes the card in Device Manager and the Hardware Tab of
Sounds and Audio Devices.  But when you look at the Audio, Volume, or Voice
Tabs, they are grayed out and show "No Audio Device".  Device manager says
it is working properly.  I have the same problem, even if I switch Audio
cards around.  Right now I am using a Soundblaster Live 5.1 card.

Anybody else see this?

Thanks,

Collin