[windows2000] Re: Enforcing password changes

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:07:10 -0400

Nope...

Microsoft lists a few examples of when you would need to create a new domain
instead of an OU:
1. If unique domain-level security policies are mandated e.g. different
password policy-one with stronger policy.
2. When there is need for decentralized management of users or resources
where administrators do not want to share control of a domain.
3. When you want to make delegation easier in cases of diverse environments,
such as network in which different languages are spoken.
4. When you want to control directory replication traffic (for instance,
across a WAN link with limited bandwidth).
5. When you are upgrading from an earlier version of NT that was configured
as a multidomain environment.
6. When you are preparing for future changes to company.
7. If default trust relationships do not meet your needs.

Item 1 is what you refer to...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.