[windows2000] Re: Changing Everyone's Email Address in AD

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:50:56 -0800

Yes . .I was gonna say....

Why bother with VB, or trying to manually update to all accounts when
the RUS (reciepient update service) can do it all for you?

http://www.petri.co.il/configure_specific_email_addresses_for_exchange_u
sers.htm

This article basically covers it. (though, this gets into setting custom
filters, which you don't necessarily need to do) Essentially, you can
use the RUS to push out a new e-mail addy for all users (in addition to
your existing address set) and then force an update to make your new
address the primary.

Be wary that the RUS can take a bit to fully update all accounts. So I
would probably push the new SMTP address for all users first, then
update them all with a new primary address after you're sure the first
update went properly.

HTH