[windows2000] Re: Account Lockouts

  • From: "Joshua Owen" <joshua.owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:19:56 +0100

Might be a long shot but could it be possible that some users arent
amending the user name in the log-in dialogue box and are entering their
password (entering their password for the wrong account), have known
this to happen in the past with some of are "special" users

Cheers
Josh!

This e-mail and any documents attached to it are confidential &
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). We apologise if you
have received them in error, but would be grateful if you could
destroy
them & notify us immediately by return e-mail to
careers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To rely on, reproduce, disseminate, disclose, modify, and/or publicise
them is strictly prohibited and Calderdale & Kirklees Careers disclaim
all responsibility & accept no liability, including in negligence, for
any resulting consequences whatsoever.

>>> pfarrugia@xxxxxxxxxxxx 25/05/04 2:10:56 pm >>>
Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas as to why users account would lock out for
what looks like no reason at all? We have a 3 failed attempt policy
that
will lock users out but some of these users are not even failing once.
have a few users that will log onto their workstations without any
problems but Outlook will ask for their login. I have checked the
security logs but I can't see anything out of the ordinary......

Thanks in advance

Paul.