Wily display

  • From: spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:19:14 +0100

We have just upgraded to XFree version 4 at the site here.  Naturally
as the version number increases, we expect a correpong decrease in speed.

However it seems to be _exceptionally_ slow with wily. The problem is that every
time there is any change to the wily window, (such as moving an
overlapping window, or a resize etc) the _entire_ wily window is redrawn,
and redrawn slowly.

I have no idea whether this has always been the case and I have
never noticed it before with lower version numbers of the X server?
But it is very noticeable now, taking up to 5 seconds to catch up
with all the redraw requests!

Could someone who knows about such things explain what is happenning?

ian