Re: difference in wily ?

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 22:46:45 GMT

Mark H. Wilkinson <mhw+wily@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd have the same suspicion. I was talking offline with Oz about wily
> being included with things like Debian, but I can imagine most users
> being scared off by it when they first see it. makes
sobering reading, doesn't it?  8 voters installed it, probably since it was
reintroduced into testing some weeks ago, but haven't used it.  I guess I
should install popularity-contest.

> Worse still is having a laptop with a two-button trackpad. Perhaps we
> should bite the bullet and support ^X, ^C and ^V :-(

On the laptop I was using, I hacked the X settings to support F1 F2 F3 as
alternative buttons for the Shift-NumLock mode, which is mostly OK, but
autorepeat bites you.  Chording is more of a concern than simple
cut-and-paste.  If we start supporting control codes, ^A and ^E aren't far
away, are they?