[webproducers] Re: help with sending html emails

  • From: "Tim Slavin (Red House Communications, LLC)" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:39:37 -0500

Hi Susan,

First if it helps I will vouch for Lydia's sincerity: she's a terrific
resource for html email.

As for html tags to include in your email, I've written an article that
describes one approach to coding html email that gets a lot of traffic and
feedback. Google "how to code html email" and the SitePoint version of my
article appears first or second. My website has a more up to date version of
the article (site URL below).

To Lydia's point, however, coding html email newsletters can be a fairly
complex activity and using web based email service providers like Cooler
Email solves most of them, starting with templates that display properly in
most email software clients (so you don't have to code if you don't want
to). There are a number of other good reasons, as she can tell you if you
follow up with her.

Oh, I'm not selling anything. If you visit my site, you'll see that I've
simply set up an online resource to help small groups and businesses find
and use low cost internet tools and services like Cooler Email. That's how I
know about their service.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Tim Slavin