[webproducers] Re: help with sending html emails

  • From: Ari Feldman <outdoorminer2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:13:53 -0800 (PST)

Susan,

for html e-mails, the content-type refers to the format of the e-mail
that the e-mail client will accept and render. normally, e-mail clients
just send out raw ASCII text. however, most can send and recieve HTML
mail.

there are no special tags per say, it's simply the format of the header
that is sent with the e-mail message itself that the e-mail client uses
to decide whether a message is plain text or richer HTML.

normally, you don't need to worry about the actual header info unless
you're writing your own e-mail functionality. most e-mail list and bulk
e-mail tools automatically handle this for you.