[wdmaudiodev] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Børge Strand-Bergesen <borge.strand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:47:30 +0200

> By far the easiest way is to use an application.  Have your virtual audio
> device ship the data to an application, which then forwards it to another
> audio device.

That was going to be my approach too. In this case, which virtual
driver sample would you start out with? It's important that audio from
player through virtual driver to application will be bit correct, and
that the application (which knows the hardware) controls the timing
during playback.

> But, in that case, what's the point?

Well, the application may already have a way to access the hardware
outside of established audio infrastructure. This is the case with the
Audio Widget ASIO driver where the library uses libusbK.

Børge