(no subject)

  • From: Vinayak Srivastava <vinayak.s101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 05:30:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I need to develop a virtual audio driver in windows (vista and above) which
should provide me with FxProperties page under the registry entries for
this virtual driver.
I tried with MSVAD (Microsoft Virtual Audio driver as
mentioned http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/virtual-audio-device-3d4e6150#content)
 but I'm facing two issues with this:

1. Even though I set it as default audio driver in sounds but I cannot hear any
output sound. I can see the sound waves being displayed in the playback tab of
the Sounds dialog, but no actual output is observed.
2. It does not have any FxProperties Key in the registry as opposed to other
regular sound drivers. It contains only the Properties key in the registry.

I actually need to register my custom sAPO sample to a virtual audio driver.
Please infrom me if I'm missing something here. Any pointer to an alternate
approach will also be helpful.

Regards,
Vinayak S