[wdmaudiodev] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Børge Strand-Bergesen <borge.strand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 22:44:24 +0200

Hi guys,

I'm working with the same kind of challenge her. In my case the
hardware is supported by a User Mode library which in terms calls
libusbK to communicate with a USB Audio Class 2 device. The same
library works when applied as an ASIO driver. See links at
www.qnktc.com for details. The code is open source.

So the idea is that a player program sends data to a virtual device
driver, which then communicates with the library application.

One thing I wonder about is how timing control is implemented. In my
case, asynchronous USB audio is used, by which the crystal oscillator
in the DAC is the clock master and the Host is the clock slave. The
same direction should be kept within the hierarchy, i.e. the virtual
driver is the clock slave of the library application, and the player
is the clock slave of the virtual driver.

Question: does this sound feasible, and which virtual driver sample
would be the best starting point?

Thanks,
Børge