[wdmaudiodev] Re: Running wdm drivers on win 7 built on win 8.1

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:19:22 -0700

Parinitha Kashyap wrote:

I am getting the following error: 'Verification Error: The hardware ID
given for a configured device is missing or empty.' while trying to
build my package. This does not happen when i build only my project. I
am trying to use Inf2Cat in my package to generate catalog file. The
inf is fine. It does not have any hardware ID missing.

Remember that INF2CAT will try to suck in every INF file in the
directory it is processing. Make sure you don't have extra files in
there. Can you run INF2CAT by hand in a command shell?

If you can't figure it out, zip up the directory and send it to me.