[wdmaudiodev] Re: Running wdm drivers on win 7 built on win 8.1

  • From: Parinitha Kashyap <parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:46:08 -0700

I am getting the following error: 'Verification Error: The hardware ID
given for a configured device is missing or empty.' while trying to build
my package. This does not happen when i build only my project. I am trying
to use Inf2Cat in my package to generate catalog file. The inf is fine. It
does not have any hardware ID missing.

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Parinitha Kashyap wrote:
Thank you for your help. How have you used inf2cat and signtool in the
sample driver sysvad? Is it included in the project settings or you
have a separate script for that?

For most of my driver projects, I let the project file do it. I do have
one project where I have 32-bit and 64-bit in the same driver package,
and the project file can't handle that, so I use scripts.