[wdmaudiodev] Re: Running wdm drivers on win 7 built on win 8.1

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 00:51:03 +0000

Is there any way to have just one driver package and install it on all
versions from win 7?

Not really, no. If you really know what you’re doing you can hack it. But it’s
not advisable.

Why do you want just one driver package for all Windows versions, as opposed to
having several different packages? You can build them all from the same code
and just have different configurations.