[wdmaudiodev] Correlation of DSound device with PnP device ID

  • From: Art Edwards <ntdev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:58:56 -0400

Please disregard my earlier post.  I finally understand how to use the
SetupDiXxx functions to do this.  Duh !

I am curious about something though.  In the DSEnumCallback function, where
does the lpGuid ("GUID that identifies the DirectSound driver") come from ?  It
appears to be generated dynamically (on WinXPSP1 at least).  Is there any
documented use for it other than as a parameter to DirectSoundCreate ?