[wdmaudiodev] Correlation of DSound device with PnP device ID

  • From: Art Edwards <ntdev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:00:01 -0400

Does anyone know how to correlate a DirectSound device with the PnP ID of the hardware ?

I would like my application to run only on certain hardware.

I know I could test the lpcstrDescription parameter in my DSEnumCallback routine. For example:

  if (strcmp (lpcstrDescription, "My Device Name"))
  {
     // don't wanna use this device...
  }

But, I would like to be a bit more certain that it's really the correct device. So, I'd like to (somehow) get the hardware ID (e.g. VEN_1234&DEV_5678&SUBSYS_AA55AA55&REV_01) associated with the device and do a strcmp or regular expression match on that instead.