[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream - Dynamically constraining to a specific DataRange based on HW.

  • From: Harry Graham <harry_graham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:59:24 -0700

Wade,

You should validate the format when the SetDataFormat dispatch is invoked,
and return STATUS_NO_MATCH if it does not correspond to the currently
available settings.  Also note that unless pOldFormat (the second parameter)
is set, then SetDataFormat only validates the format, but does not actually
set the format for the pin.

Whenever the format is actually set (either by SetDataFormat with
pOldFormat, or when the pin is created) you must also update the allocator
framing.

I don't think that you should ever need to KsEdit the KSPIN_DESCRIPTOR_EX to
remove formats that are not currently supported, but it shouldn't hurt
either.

Harry