[waug] Re: SouthWest show and website

  • From: incerti auctoris <incertia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <waug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:16:49 +0000

I was going to ask about and offer Show info in moredepth on the WAUG/ROL
sites, butI have just found that ROL have a proper Show Details
page:http://www.riscos.com/roadshows/SWShow2008/SWShow2008.htm
404: "Click on the picture for larger view"http://www.riscos.com/StandLayout.png
They have a link to there from their Press Release, which Mark hasalready
linked-to.
I do however have more info:
I have grabbed some nice pictures of the venue off their
incredibly-slow/largeinteractive PDF brouchure, and added maps, public
transport, and venue contactinfo.
Online (eg for linking/testing):http://freedom.is/show
Downloadable (eg for editing and/or transfer to WAUG/ROL
website):http://freedom.is/show/show.zip
The link on the WAUG page to the Drawfile gives the old version beforeDerek's
modifications. I have edited my version in a similar way, andpicked out
features of the local map in colour.
Possibly I have "come out of hibernation" a little late for this, but
possiblyalso more online visitors will look at the website in the week
beforehand.
OUT OF DATE
With former Shows, there was a "standplan" available; is this available asa GIF
etc? Is there a list of exhibitors available? These are the second things(after
maps etc) I look for with other shows.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT
I am going to try to book a room at the Webbington, since these are affordable
(£40-£60)and it is not possible for me to arrive early enough on the day by
public transport.(I have promised Paul M that I will help with
unloading/reloading.)
An earlier version of my extra info page had booking information, but I took
itout so I don't snooker myself into a situation where all the rooms are booked!
I have been comparing travel options, and I find that a return rail ticket to
WSMwill cost me £23, but a single (rover) bus ticket is only £7, and goes'
virtuallyto the door!
-Robin H.
Share what Santa brought you
https://www.mycooluncool.com