Re: Dictaphone recomendations

  • From: Michael Lang <papalangi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Hodgson <voicerec-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 05:35:30 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> Can you also explain about the DM1 from Olympus?  What are the good/bad
> points on this recorder?

I like my DM-1 very much. It is a nice MP3 player. I bought a 128 mb
SmartMedia card to extend its memory, it is supplied with a 64 mb card.
I do not record much with it, but for your purpose it may be great. You
can cue and review in messages, but you cannot review back into the last
message of a card. To do that, you'd have to record another message,
play it and presss and hold the back button. This would first review to
the beginning of this message and then go into the previous message.
Also, you cannot overwrite and insert, as you can with the DS-2000. The
DM-1 is a good MP3 player. One can go back and forward in an MP3 file,
but one doesn't hear anything, while doing that. The DM-1 only records
in the DSS format, you cannot record MP3 or WMA files with it.

    <*** Michael Lang ***>

(without the quotes of course) in the subject of the message.