[visurfacereader] Problems defining a protocol for the Digi003

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visurfacereader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 12:35:04 +0200

Hello there.
I’m trying to teach the Surface reader application the meaning of various
buttons and faders and the like in order to make a protocol definition so as to
be able to use the Digi003 with the Surface reader, however i have a problem: I
manage to teach the surface reader about 7 or 8 buttons and then a message
similar to this occurrs for every new button, fader or knob i try to learn:
"Pre3 Highpass Filter already uses that MIDI message.  Do you want to overwrite
it” this is in a dialog with a yes and a no button.
What do i do now?
Is there anyone else on this list who happens to have a Digi003 surface and who
can chime in and help make this accessible to the Surface reader or should i
maybe switch and try my Project mix instead?
/Krister