[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Talking automotive tools

  • From: "Van, Stephanie" <svan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Maryfrances.McAndrews@xxxxxx'" <Maryfrances.McAndrews@xxxxxx>, "parnold@xxxxxxxx" <parnold@xxxxxxxx>, aer vision rehab therapist listserve <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:51:46 -0400

Hi all,  I have found OPTI Plus a great resource of adaptive tools of anykind.
They are local, but sell nationwide.  I placed a call to inquire of the current
status of their resource, since I haven't had the need lately.  I shall pass
this along when I get it.  I only wished to inform of this resource.

Another great resource in my area is a local blind man who works on car and bus
engines in his spare time.  I have also contacted his voice mail for updates.
If you are interested, I shall be willing to ask of his willingness to be a
direct contact for this client.  (Please email me directly at email address
below)

Finally, another useful resource I have used before is a listserve site
blindhandyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:blindhandyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  You join
free.  Ask the question.  You will get more info than you can imagine.  (I
honestly unsubscribed because my inbox was becoming inundated with replies and
questions.  I couldn't keep up.  However, when I have a question, I go back and
post for a few days.

When I get replies, I shall forward.

Stephanie S. Van, MA, RT
Rehabilitation Teacher