[vicsireland] message from avast.

  • From: "maria" <maria.pileidi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vics" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:20:04 -0000

Hi folks.

Over the weekend I obtained a copy of avast antivirus professional addition.

I have only downloaded and installed it yesterday afternoon and today, when I
went into my outlook express to check my email, I got a message that said
something like: you are trying to log on to your gmail account, please disable
your ssl, or something, so that avast can check your emails for viruses.

Sorry that I can't be more specific than that.

I was wandering, how do I disable that function in outlook express and if I do,
does that mean that I will no longer be able to receive emails with attachments?

I'm sorry if my questions seem stupid. It's just that I'm new to avast. I've
been using a different antivirus in the passed which I didn't find very
effective.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

All the best,

Maria.