[vicsireland] Re: message from avast.

  • From: "\(Lists\) Paul Traynor" <pauls_lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:15:32 -0000

Hi Maria,

Its not a good idea to stop using SSIL and if your Gmail account Emails are
coming in and going out fine then you should leave it at that.
Here's what I did to prevent Avast taking control of monitoring mails coming
into my computer through Avast;

1. On your desktop there should be an Avast icon, go to it and press enter
then wait a few moments.
2. Press keys "Alt + Tab " to bring up focus of the various Avast tab
sheets.
3. Use the keys, "Control + tab" to jump through the different pages till
you arrive on "Mail Shield tab"
4. Tab over to "Expert settings" and press the spacebar.
5. In here uncheck the boxes that are checked which are the "Scan in-coming
and out-going" checkboxes.
6. Tab over to the OK button and press spacebar.
7. Press "alt + F4" to close out completely.
Note: As you are tabbing over to the "Expert settings button"  you will also
see checkboxes offering you an option to "Stop checking and also checkboxes
to stop In-coming and Out-going mails", unchecking these will not work, you
must go into the expert settings area.