[vicsireland] Re: laptop or I pad

  • From: "GERARD SHANAHAN" <gershan@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:57:05 -0000

So Ciaran,

If you were a second level school student,  there is no real advantage in the
ipad over the laptop with screen reading technology.  For instance, If you were
using either to do school work i.e. take notes during class or do home work
using the equivelant of ms wored etc, the laptop would be your preference ?  I
know what you mean, I prefer to use the desktop pc over the laptop as I'm so
used to the standard keyboard of the dsktop I forget the hot keys for jaws on
the laptop and more importantly I forget to cover the cursor cell and the
shadow of my hand tends to shift focus from the program I'm using to the
program that is running similteneously.
Gerry.