[vicsireland] Re: Selecting A Media Player

  • From: "Paul Halligan" <tigerone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:51:19 +0100

hi tony

dont know what site you use for radio stations but i have tried a few myself

mikes worldwide radio seems to use windows media player only

365 live uses its own player and is not my favorite site in terms of navigation

however by far the best after a year of checking out internet radio sites is
shoutcast. it uses both wmp and real player as far as i can figure but i would say almost 90 per cent of the stations come in thru real player. they are easy to access too as when you search for a station , by genre, for example and go into your links on the results found you get a link with the name of the station and another with a real player/tune in link.

have them driven daft here with classical chinese music, russian top 40 and a particularly good morroccan station called radio sawa!

hope this answers some of your thoughts.
ps. am itching to record internet radio, have found the facility on 365 live but cannot fathom how to use it....not to worry i guess the facility will be made more widespread on radio sites what with the coming of DAB. as an alternative at the moment i use a phono/earphone cable connection to the stereo and i can tape the broadcasts. Great for playback too....with the stereo on full blast....just don't let the kids near it.

regards
paul h
----- Original Message ----- From: "tonysweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>