[vicsireland] Re: Selecting A Media Player

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:57:19 +0100

Hi tony,

Whether you can change the player for a station depends on whether or not
they use an embedded player.  (If they do, you're out of luck.  Mike's Radio
World uses the specific player feeds.  Be aware that, although you may
change the player for all stations, there are times when an url that was
designed for Windows Meedia, for example, will not work with any other
player.  There is nothing else you can do when that occurs but use the
intended player.)  My summary is that it is not a good idea to make one
player play all media types: "one player does not (cannot) play all."