[vicsireland] Re: Mcafee Firewall

  • From: "Gerry Ellis" <gerry.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:52:54 -0000

Hi,

A firewal is not just nice to have, but an absolute necessity to stop attacks on your computer, particularly if you have broadband.

Windows XP and Vista have a firewall built-in, but they are not the best. If you use another firewall, I suggest you disable the Windows one.

I use Zone Alarm's firewall which is free and is highly recommended.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis
t/a Feel The BenefIT

Tel   +353-(0)1 282-7791