[vicsireland] Mcafee Firewall

  • From: "tonysweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vics" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:09:04 -0000

Hi All,

Included in my new computer set up, for a small extra charge, was Mcafee
internet security.

I see that it has got the "thumbs-up" from one or two on the access UK list!

Now sometime a while back on this list there was a bit of correspondence on
fire walls.

I seem to remember that they can hold up things a little on the net while
obviously being very effective in what they do!

I for one would only  stay online perhaps at the most for about an hour or
two [although my wife mmight say differently]!

What are your thoughts on firewalls?

It would be good to have them!

All the best,

Tony Sweeney.