[vi-kindle] Re: Restoring and reading archived items

  • From: Timothy Emmons <temmons9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:57:39 -0500

Hey guys, just saw this, and had to jump in. I just recently got my Audible
account tied to the Kindle, and once the download is complete and you find your
book, it's beautiful, but  you don't really get a progress thing. Now, the
interesting thing I did notice was the fact that the enhanced audio which is
what I use a lot depending on what I'm doing, plays better on the Kindle than
on my numberous IDevices, so that will blow you away if you're not expectin it.
But, when you click the audible book out of your archived items once you've
connected to wifi, and you've started the download, it should open when it's
done like normal, but if not, it hits your home screen relatively quickly. I
love it, and the great thing about the Kindle and aubile, unlike the iDevices
that do everything else and plus read audible, the kindle is great for getting
to the book quickly instead of having to find it. One other thing I have
noticed, and this is something fascinating. Start a book on your kindle. Go to
your iPhone or iPad, pick up the audible app free from the app store, select
your book from the app and it will sync to the last plac eyou stopped at, if
your kindle is connected to wifi, and since your other devices are as well. I
found this out by accident, and if for some reason one is a little off compared
to the other it is easy enough to get them caught up, but in that aspect
audible and amazon got it right when it comes to using something on another
device, so play with that if you get a chance. And, Nan if you need help with
that how-to let me know. Thanks again guys for allowing me to ramble on a bit,
and take care. Talk to you soon.