(VICT) Re: Let Me Tell You a Story

  • From: Jill Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 02:32:00 -0500 (EST)

Karyn, how awful for you and your boy. You really do have ot go with your
gut. Nobody knows your dog like you do. I have learned to be very
assertive and ask lots of questions and, in some cases, tell a vet how and
what I want done. I have salukis which are sighthounds. Like Greyhounds,
salukis have very unique blood parameters and they require very specific
drugs for anesthetization. I have discovered that many vets are clueless
about these differences. Using the wrong anesthesia or missreading a chem
screen can kill a dog. So, I have had to become more knowledgable and more
take-charge especially when using a ve that is new to me. I have finally
found a vet practice where the doctors don't feel threatened when a dog
owner has knowledge, asks questions, and makes suggestions. It's great and
makes me feel that my guys are getting the best care possible. I hope you
can find somebody like that.

Best of luck to you. Stick to your guns. Btw, what partof the countrydo
you live in?

Jill