(VICT) Re: Harness-Ridge Thankyou

  • From: "Tamara Smith-Kinney" <tamara.8024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:48:43 -0800

Sounds like Clyde is doing beautifully.  What a good boy.  I so hope =
your
club is able to stay afloat.  Yikes!

I tend to take Karyn's approach to introducing new work gear or -- =
anything
else that makes Mitsy uncomfortable.  With the harness -- and now with =
the
Halti -- I have her wear it out the first few times on a fun trip, =
starting
with a walk straight to the park and some good play.  Then on an errand =
or
two on the way to the park, etc.  She's pretty funny aobut the Halti.  =
She's
good, if unenthusiastic, about letting me put it on but very dramatic =
about
trying to paw it off her face.  I distract her, then treat her when she
settles down.  She wore it without a leash attached on the way to the =
park
and seemed to forget about it once we got going.  I had her touch it =
before
we got ready to go home and gave her a treat.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the club and lessons!

Tami Smith-Kinney